Professional Tips For Stress-Free Office Removals
Business relocations are a troubling process. Proper preparation can make all the difference. Organization is paramount to achieving a relatively smooth relocation of your company’s premises. Office removals are best left to specialist transport companies. Delays can be severely detrimental to your company’s profits, so do your homework thoroughly before choosing the appropriate moving company to swiftly and safely move your office to the new premises.
1. Make sure that you get a variety of quotes from a range of removal companies that genuinely do specialize in office moves. There is a world of difference between the run-of-the-mill household belongings transportation and expert office removals. Professional office movers will understand that disruption can do enormous harm to a business and should have the skills necessary to perform a rapid and reliable relocation of the office infrastructure, equipment, furniture and communications devices.
2. Cheap removals might not necessarily be the right option for business relocations. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is! Use reputable movers only, and make the arrangements as much as 2 or 3 months before the day of the move.
3. Prepare a detailed floor plan of the new office space. Co-ordinate with your chosen transport services to take precise measurements. Decide exactly where all your things are to go and make this information available to theporters and driver. A colour-coded system can help to make sure that everything is located properly. Put coloured labels on each item and use the measurements to ensure that everything fits in the desired location.
4. Write out a checklist or office moving guide and distribute it to all staff members well in advance. Get each employee to pack-up their personal possessions and label each packing crate clearly.
5. Pack smaller items (paperwork, books, files and folders) together to save time and space. Ensure that any filing cabinets are securely locked so that the contents won’t spill out in transit. This is a far quicker option than taking the time to empty the cabinets and refilling them at the new premises.
6. Think about removals and storage combinations. It could save time and money to put items that are not required on a daily basis into storage before the move to reduce the clutter that the movers have to contend with on the day. Break the moving process down into smaller, simpler sections. Project planning should identify the tasks that are the responsibility of each employee and those that are to be attended to by the transportation company and the deadlines by which each task needs to be accomplished.
7. Eliminate potentially expensive moving mistakes by asking any questions that come to mind. Liaise closely with the removal company all through the moving process. Work out a joint office moving timetable to tie down key dates. Keep your staff involved in each step of the planning. Aim to carry out the move during a quiet period for your business and strive to be up and running in the new premises first thing on a Monday morning.
Moving home involves severe upheaval. You can reduce the stress entailed by preparing properly in advance. Make sure you are not stepping into the unknown by researching your possible new location. Look at factors such as local schools and healthcare as well as crime statistics and recreational facilities. Talk to prospective new neighbours to get a personal, first-hand feel for the area. Check out nearby shops, and don’t forget your pets’ needs before settling.